7 Dressing Tips for Your Next Wedding
I love going to weddings. Weddings are the best place to get really dressed up and show your off your style. Weddings are a bit make believe so don’t worry about being overdressed. Have some beautiful earrings or a necklace? Wear them! Have a hat you just bought? Wear it! Unlike other times in your life, at a wedding you can’t be too dressed up. That being said, here are my general rules for wedding dress.
- The dress code is given for a reason and the bride and groom want you to abide by it. Whether it’s black-tie, semi-formal or casual, embrace the dress code and let the location of the wedding help inform your decision!..
- Never wear white. Wearing white is still considered a wedding faux pas and a guaranteed way to steal the bride’s thunder.
- Plan on wearing your statement jewelry. Baroque pearls, semi-precious stones, big earrings...it all works at a wedding. The bride is wearing a ballgown, not to worry.
- Find out what other guests are wearing in advance. It’s the easiest way to avoid showing up in the same dress as another guest.
- Don’t wear anything revealing. It’s a family occasion!
- Wear heels! It’s a special day. Better to break them in before so go out on the town once or twice in them before the wedding!
- I love wearing hats. Weddings are one of the few places left I feel comfortable wearing a beautiful hat. If the wedding is outdoors you can have it on most of the day. When you do go inside I like to take it off.
Hope love this blog post, and my dress suggestions! make sure to tag me on Instagram to show me your wedding style!